OT selling and posting a fireplace on ebay?

I have a surplus cast fireplace surround. I was looking to sell it on ebay but TNT website quotes £73.86 postage within UK.

Its 69KG, 127cm high 143 cm long 22cm wide.

If i list it as collection only presumably a lot less people would bid for it?

If I take it to local reclamation yard they wouldnt pay much would they?

photo at:

thanks, george

Reply to
DICEGEORGE

Why not give them the choice - it you're happy to parcel it up?

They're likely going to want to make a profit on it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nice, and the built in keyboard is an added bonus. Actually they fetch decent money round here (EBay local collection)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I bought one similar, but maybe half that weight and smaller for a bedroom, for £10. He delivered it for a fiver.

I think you just have to take a chance and list it collection only. If you're after a certain price and you have the patience, set a higher starting price.

I rarely send ebay stuff nowadays unless it's a small parcel and the item's robust. It's too much hassle and uncertainty. If you live in a biggish city I don't think the hit is that great.

Reply to
RJH

Do eBay for collection only but also Gumtree (free) collection only, you could go slightly cheaper on Gumtree as there are no fees.

With regard to previous poster you could deliver in person within a certain radius or maybe use postcodes.

Reply to
ss