OT School reunions

Has anyone been to one and enjoyed it?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Nah. I can't think of a single f***r I'd want to see again.

Reply to
harryagain

Sort of. My old school arranged for an open day on Saturday, and the vice-principal gave us a tour of the building. There were loads of people there, some of whom had travelled thousands of miles for the weekend's events, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't expect to! When the next 'real' reunion of my year comes up, I may actually attend.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I feel pretty much the same way!

Reply to
Simon Taylor

For the past fifteen years, I've been going regularly to my school reunions (held at three year intervals), and thoroughly enjoyed them. However, my contemporaries and I are now in our 60s and 70s, and our numbers are sadly dwindling. The one thing which I find rather annoying is how well most of them seem to have achieved in their lives compared with what I have managed to do!

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Yes, my wife went to one. At _my_ school... enjoyed it mostly for the building, parts of which date back to the 16th century. I guess we were a bit privileged.

Trouble is it's no longer state funded and now they keep sending me requests for money. Which they clearly have lots more of than they did when I was there.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

It's one of the places I'd like to go to[1]

Owain

[1] once I've got my hands on a kalashnikov
Reply to
Owain

Not much, all the people I went to school with are now much older than I am.

Reply to
Peter Parry

That's what I thought, too - until I looked in the mirror.

Reply to
S Viemeister

AOL

Reply to
Ericp

One of my college acquaintances is about to do the job on the Murdochs. We all figured that Brian would make it eventually, even though he had trouble with Ken Dodd.

Reply to
Newshound

Yes. I've only been to one (50 year) and it was interesting, even their attempts to solicit donations.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

This is the real purpose of the reunions.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Yeah, they were all grey and wrinkly with pot bellies. I don't have a pot belly!

Reply to
Gib Bogle

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Actually, yes

The amazing thing is that nobody seems to have changed (except those who have died , of course)

It was almost as if you'd only just left school

Reply to
geoff

There's something wrong with mine. It's definitely not me who looks out first thing in the morning.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , harryagain writes

I presume that feeling was mutual

Reply to
geoff

Peasant

you need a proper historical establishment

>Trouble is it's no longer state funded and now they keep sending me

Reply to
geoff

In message , Owain writes

"If" you mean ...

(is there no limit to the depths of my wit ?)

Reply to
geoff

In message , Peter Parry writes

Yes dear ... you wear it well