OT - SAFETYWEAR-R-US?

Ah that would explain why the window cleaners I've seen recently have all been using brushes on the end of a long telescopic pole with water fed up the pole from their van. Great lengths of trailing hose across roads along pavements, with sticking up loops, making a wonderful trip hazard for Auntie Mable who is partially sighted... One step forward, two steps back?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

She needs to cut down on the lunchtime sherry, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No formal application for permission, but there was a 50 quid license payable (to Teignbridge DC, Devon) but the scaffolding company did all that.

whinge we got was from the local steam railway who run vintage double deckers round the town - but we did all the measurements, etc. and there was plenty of headroom!

The scaffolding goes right round the house - side and back, and over a glass roof at one point. I'm no scaffolding expert, but I feel it's very well done. They took best part of a day plus the following morning to do it.

The front will be coming down maybe tomorow, (it was built with that in-mind), leaving the side and back in-place for an other week or 3.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

It's hot water that gets me.

I recently came across an ornamental fountain sort of hand washing thing. It was a dome about a metre across with jets all the way around that come on when you put your hand underneath. Yes, they all come on for one hand. Very economical. And the water was too hot to wash your hands in properly. With warning stickers, so they do know. I assume that Legionnaire's is regarded as more of a problem than E. Coli...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ