OT>Rotting Fence

Slightly OT I know but there seems to be a great deal of knowledge here so...

One of my neighbours has let her fence which forms the northern boundary of my garden fall in to greater disrepair than when she moved in. One of the panels is now flapping loose in the wind and although her dog can't quite get through the gap it is very unsightly. I have pointed out to her that it needs doing and a) she hasn't done any thing and b) all she was going to do was to prop it up with a stick. Is there any way of making her fix it properly?

-- Malc

Don't be humble. You're not that great.

Reply to
Malc

should you not go halves with her to replace it? I did

Reply to
Fray Bentos

Get a quote for someone to repair the fence, then take it to her and say you'll make the arrangements if she pays for half. Then go and buy the materials and DIY - you'll probably still have some money left over to cover you for your time.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds