OT: Removing Toledo radio?

Anyone tell me how to get the radio out of my Seat Toledo Se TDi? It looks to have an intermittent power connection which makes the back-lighting flicker.

Reply to
harrogate

Most radios are extracted with a special tool. If you have two small holes each side of the front panel, about 4cm apart from memory, that's what it is. They may be filled with gribscrews on some vehicles, and these are first removed.

The tools (one each side) look like (and are) pieces of thick wire bent into a U-shape with small notches in the ends. You push them in until they latch, then pull the unit out of the dashboard.

Car radio shops sell them (at least, some do; one place said "oh no, trade only guv"). The next shop I tried was fine.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I removed the radio on my seat alhambra the other week. I used the 10mm wide knife blade to push in to the

10mm by 2mm slots on the left and right of the radio (look closely for the gaps). This dislodged the clip mechanism and the radio slid out okay. I used two of the aforementioned knives, just don't snap the blades or you are in worse trouble!

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo Henning