OT remote controlled socket

Can anyone recommend a good remote radio controlled 13A socket (sub £20) ? Most of the reviews of available products are poor and talk about spuriou s tripping, inadequate power handling, etc. The purpose is to power cycle my boiler when it occasionally faults out (th e common Vaillant F22 fault) - since the boiler has been moved into the lof t. Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

TKB Z-Wave - been very well behaved for me...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Put the fused spur somewhere more convenient.

Reply to
dennis

Quite - I have the master switch for the heating in the kitchen - alongside the programmer. Boiler in the bathroom. Had to add an external programmer when I changed to a system boiler to make it easy to change to hot water only or whatever.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've had a TLC set for donkeys years.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On 20 May 2015, The Medway Handyman grunted:

TBH I got a cheapo 3-pack from Aldi years ago, and it's been absolutely fine, too.

Reply to
Lobster

Likewise the three pack I got from Tesco. Power rating won't be a problem for a gas boiler etc, they are rated at 2.9kW They have never spontaneously switched themselves on or off, the only problem the OP might have with them is they lose their memory when the power fails and switch themselves off until you re-pair them with a long press of the handset button. Obviously that could compromise unattended frost protection.

Reply to
Graham.

absolutely

Adsa, less than a fiver IIRC. Work fine, I have one in the loft ie

2nd floor level I control from directly below on the ground floor, only timber floors/ceilings mind. They don't work to the garage a similar distance but with metal garage door and partly obstructed by stone walls.

Yep that is a PITA, if all three have lost power they all end up controlled by the same button. They can be retrained by a long press on the manual on/off button on the remote socket then appropiate button on the handset.

A very valid point.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The one I have are physically programmed, and so don't suffer that sort of problem. We've had them operating in the lounge (all plugged in lights) for about 8 years or so with no problems.

These ones, though mine came from a local hardware store I think:

Reply to
Chris French

) ? Most of the reviews of available products are poor and talk about spuri ous tripping, inadequate power handling, etc.

the common Vaillant F22 fault) - since the boiler has been moved into the l oft.

Well someone has lent me a set of four that was from lidl. He said they suf fered occasional spurious operation, such as when someone operated a car al arm, etc. However, from downstairs, the boiler fault and a remote socket fault will l ook the same, and the fix the same - power cycle the switch ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Wouldn't it just be easier to put a switch somewhere you can get at it?

Reply to
Adrian