OT: Relensing glasses

That's what I was alluding to

They don't like putting varifocals into lenses without seeing the customer, this is to do with vertical positioning of the lenses wrt the eye

However, if you still have the old lenses in the old frames, its slightly different as they can follow the line of those lenses (Have you noticed the two small dots in any lens? - I presume this is to be able to create a datum line)

Reply to
geoff

But RayL12's biggest problem is finding a pair of glasses that fit between his nose and the knob on his forehead.

Reply to
ARW

I'm afraid so;

"Lenses which adjust automatically to lighting conditions are known generically as photochromic lenses. Transtions (R) are the leading brand of photochromic lenses."

Don't knock it!

Reply to
Huge

*applause*
Reply to
Huge

Buggeration. This is what comes from working on a laptop with 1900x1200 pixels squeezed into a 17 inch screen. And mainly editing websites at night, while pissed.

Reply to
R D S

Indeed.

Better category arrangement is on my to do list along with some sort of product filter.

Reply to
R D S

Or you need better specs...! .-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Valid but non-existent. Does the "From:" address work?

Reply to
Huge

"Never post pissed". One of the old Usenet rules, now long forgotten.

Reply to
Huge

I have grave doubts about the competence of the opticians that I have seen.

For testing astigmatism, I'd rather see a chart with diagonal lines. I can' t find one that I am happy with, but this gives the idea:

It should have more angles and be labelled with the same angles that the op ticians use. I buy lots of £1 glasses of various magnifications and have a suitable on e where I need it. I use 0.8 for playing music that's a metre away

1.5 for a computer screen 2.0 for fine reading 4.0 for taking out splinters.
Reply to
Matty F

I thought I had followed the thread well enough. Is Rick an Optician in that he prescribes lenses? Or, is Rick a supplier of lenses based upon the prescription you send him?

The Optician is only interested in gross profit. Frames and lenses, pennies in material cost, sold at extortionate prices. Lenses do nothing to 'improve' on the stress you apply to your eyes in order to 'see'.

If Rick is providing you with what you need for a lot less than the Optician would, then I salute you and Rick.

As I said in an earlier thread, I too, went the 'Rick' way to provide myself with a 'prescribed' pair of specs.

Reply to
RayL12

How sad, pure vulgarity and no content. Huge what?

Reply to
RayL12

What's wrong with that?

Reply to
ARW

find one that I am happy with, but this gives the idea:

where I need it.

I notice my vision has polarity problems too.

Vision therapy is what we should all be informed of but, I'm afraid the Optician's have kept them at a distance through legal means. Thankfully, this information is now more widely available.

Apart from physical aberrations the eye sees normally well. It is the visual memory that is a problem for most.

All muscles are sedentary. The muscles of the iris and ciliary are similar. If they are not 'exercised' to fully extend & shorten them, they too, will develop to have only a limited range of movement. Stress on the larger Ocular muscles can cause striations across the sclera, like a 'pull' in a perfectly laid bed sheet, (If you get my drift).

We are all people of habit and it is we that fix the range of these muscles in our limited ways. The longer a condition is used the harder it is to release. RSI, in other words.

It is more obvious in the larger body muscles that, when you spend a large time in a particular position. If you then change position you feel a reluctance in the body to reform. Stiffness. The beauty of the body is that it has opposing muscles to 'pull out' the cramped muscles.

A cramped muscle is one which, because it has spent a large time in compression, has had the fluids pushed out, much like a sponge. As this has taken some time it is not so quick to take the fluids back in. With several movements of a limb, you can 'juice-up' the stiff muscle to loosen it.

This is not so easy for the Iris or, Ciliary muscles. They do not have opposing muscles. The only way for them to 'juice-up' is to relax. And this is the hard part for most people. With vision development training it is possible to exercise these muscles which increases their range and refine the fluids within them so they react better in normal conditions.

But, the physical eye is not the real problem. The real problem is the mental stress that causes these conditions. Breaking habits is not so easy. Vision therapy games are out there to exploit. Play them often enough and after a few months, one day while idly shifting your eyes from one place to another you will have a thought.., 'I swear I saw that in full focus for a moment!?'

Reply to
RayL12

And a 1gang light switch costs costs less that a quid, but I still charge

30 to swap one. It's called business/ a job/making a living.

Rick replied to you in an earlier post and gave a very reasoned reply regarding opticians trying to sell you glasses. His posting name is RDS if you need a clue. I have in an earlier post given the address of his "new" web site that says what he does for a living - read it and see what he does . BTW Rick does NOT scam people and it appears that two other posters also use his services. That suggests that he provides a very good service for a reasonable price.

Reply to
ARW

+1
Reply to
RayL12

I noticed that my vision had deteriorated in several ways. Including less able to tolerate oncoming headlamps, less able to view computer monitors at normal viewing distances, slower at focussing, a slight deterioration in my 3D interpretation (things looked slightly 2.8D rather than fully 3D), etc.

All that deterioration has now resolved completely. Indeed, I think in some ways my vision is better than it has been for a couple of decades or more.

No - I didn't do eye exercises. No - I didn't play vision games. No - I didn't change my lenses (though I was prescribed some monitor glasses which were unusable in the real world). No - I didn't to the best of my knowledge break habits. No - I have no idea what refining the fluids within muscles means. Sounds like mumbo jumbo.

I did, however, start treatment with levothyroxine. And I am by no means alone in finding that a major improver of vision.

Reply to
polygonum

Sorry, Yes.

Reply to
R D S

LOL, Mumbo-Jumbo. Re-fining!? Making finer? Mumbo Jumbo? Oh dear!

Meanwhile, levothyroxine? I see, your a salesperson!

Reply to
RayL12

Much better than your cross between a homeopath, a wind turbien saleman and a nutcase.

And you can't spell.

Reply to
Bob Eager