OT:Recomened a libel/defamation lawyer?

Any one had any good experiences in the UK and recommend a good lawyer skilled in libel?

Ta

Steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman

Private Eye used to refer to the principal as Peter Carter-Fuck

You have to have a substantial reputation to lose and losing a defamation case is expensive....

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

First take at least two steps back and consider very long and deep. Do you refer to libel or slander. Similar animals in differing skins. Slander is pretty much mud slinging and expensive to take legal. Libel is summat more serious and much more expensive to take legal. The costs of any action can be hugely expensive and, win or lose, will be quite prohibitive. Unless you are absolutely sure and set on your course of action, my recommendation would be to retain any and all evidence in hard copy. Fire a careful and well worded warning shot across the bows of the alleged libeller(s) regarding impending legal action (they won't give a toss). Keep copies of all correspondence. Sorry, I'm rambling but have been here and got the T shirt. Take a deep swallow on your pride. Otherwise uk.legal.moderated might be a place to ask.

HTH Nick

Reply to
Nick

[...]

thanks nick, it is libel. i can email you some stuff to look at, i would appreciate your opinion.

reposted in uk.legal.moderated

ta

steve

Reply to