OT: Rechargeable Batteries

I haven't. I had a radio that took a pair of them. Combined, not far off the size of a brick.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I had a charger which was designed to do it purchased maybe thirty-thirty five years ago. Not sure where I purchased it from now, possibly one of those catalogues full of quirky things that provided solutions to problems you didn't realise you had . Innovations maybe but Tandy also had some things in that category. It worked to an extent but was somewhat git and miss. Iit wasn't long before Nicads in the standard sizes like AA ,C, D etc became easily available and more reliable where they could be used and Alkaline primary cells left the chemist and camera shops to be sold in corner stores for those applications where the voltage or lack of facilities to recharge was of importance. I hardly used it after that and gave it away.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

and bathroom scales.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Mine takes a CR2032, but I think posters are confusing PP9 with PP3 batteries, probably because of them being 9V.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , at

09:14:45 on Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Andy Burns remarked:

Mine takes an implausible number of AAs.

Indeed.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 21:16:16 on Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Rod Speed remarked:

Why would I do that? It's got otherwise end-of-life rechargeables in it, and gets used about 5 minutes a month.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , Roland Perry writes

I've no idea what is in ours, as I can't remember the last time I changed it/them (I suspect some sort of lithium coin cell)

Reply to
Chris French

UK DAB is a bit of a loss all round. We have 4 FM radios and no DAB. Only one little Sony runs on batteries, that has 4 re-chargeable AA batteries and they last so long that it's always a shock when they need charging!

Charlie.

Reply to
Charlie

I must be getting old. Second time I've confused one bit of alphabet soup with another.

Reply to
Windmill

Given that people love to collect old and unusual objects, I suppose they're worth hundreds nowadays.

Reply to
Windmill

I find that I can never give anything away. If not careful, I may end up on one of those TV shows as a "horrible example" !

Reply to
Windmill

What is worse is that on the same day I confused 777s with 787s.

Excuse is that I was feeling a little giddy after finishing a couple of projects.

Reply to
Windmill