OT really, but... meh. Cookers.

Does anyone know of a free-standing gas cooker with two ovens and an eye-level grill? I haven't done an extensive search but a cursory glance, and previous cooker investigations, would indicate they're not overly common. Hopefully there'll be someone here who works in the relevant area.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Don't reckon your chances, mainly because the smaller of the two ovens normally acts as the grill.

Reply to
stuart noble

I didn't notice any, when i was researching for a new cooker, last year. You might try asking over at uk.f&d.misc

Reply to
S Viemeister

By coincidence (and because it was pissing down) I spent Sunday morning in Comet and Currys. I saw ONE cooker in each store with eye-level grills.

had two ovens, sorry.

Looking at the New world and BEKO websites confirmed that these two manufacturer's don't do eye-level grills AND two ovens. Shame.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

> Neither had two ovens, sorry.

I think it's a shame, yes, as I'd much prefer an eye-level grill but I've got used to having two ovens.

Oh well, worth a try.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

>>> Neither had two ovens, sorry.

I believe you can buy a wall mountable eye level grill.

Reply to
John

Ours is a Cannon Dorchester double oven and eye level grill. Purchased

15 years ago and still going strong. However now you've mentioned it, also bit supprised this particular arrangement seems to rare to find.

Maybe you might be able to hacksaw the eye level gas grill off a discarded cooker and stick that to the wall (regs permitting?) or get an electric salamander grill? And then get a normal double oven?

Reply to
Adrian C

Sorry - been checking and it appears I am out of date on this. A friend had one and he really liked it.

Reply to
John

>>> Neither had two ovens, sorry.

Eye level grills are soooo much better. We hardly ever use our low level joby cos you can't see what's happening.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh come on! That requires an angle grinder, at least, and should be fixed to the wall with car body filler :-)

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Actually you are not, try "wall mounted grill site:uk" in Google. Some are BBQs but there are grills in their as well.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Perzactly, and any decent cook knows that grilling is a fast method of cooking which needs an eye keeping on it. If that eye can be at its intended level, so much the better. Besides, I could use both ovens for their intended purpose then.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I'm not surprised to hear that an older cooker is still going strong. Fashion is an awful thing and there must be a great many people who dumped a perfectly good, solid old cooker for some smart-looking piece of bendy tin crap.

Although I'm all for it I suspect her indoors, who is currently her outdoors (at bingo), would object to a piece of old cooker (probably gained from Freecycle or the tip) being nailed to the wall.

Strange things, women.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Wife & 2 daughters - tell me about it....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman