OT question re, which group to ask in.

Hi all, I have asked this in, uk.tech.digital-tv, but as yet had no reply, I know it is off topic here, but as my isp does not carry newsgroup descriptions could anyone advise which group to ask in,

I have a Win TV 2000 card in a AMD Athlon (tm) XP 2400+ 2.01 ghZ computer with Windows XP Home I want to record from my VHS Video which I have connected to the TV card by a scart adapter when recording with the Win 2000, there is a choice of recording, a video file, which is a large size file,and will only play in Windows Media Player, but not auto start. And a VCD compatible file, which if I burn through, Nero 5 as a VCD will play in my Phillips DVD 755VR/05 combination DVD and VHS player But Windows Media Player, will play it by going to the play button on the tools bar, then it shows it as an unidentified disc but will play, after clicking on it! is there any other programme that will enable them to auto play? I have tried Pinnacle Expression, and selecting as a VCD but they will not play on anything!

Any help welcomed, Mick Cant (who would like,and needs to learn more)

Reply to
mickcant

Try news:uk.rec.video.digital

Reply to
Jerry.

The only software I can think of that might play it automatically is IrfanView (pronounced Earfan View). If it is set to open VCD files and the like in the configuration setup, then it should play it automatically on the computer for you.

Have a web search for IrfanView and you should find sites with more information on it for you to read.

Reply to
BigWallop