OT - putting information into the public domain

I like to think I'm not :p Just worried in case you know

Reply to
gremlin_95

I do not believe you are a clueless duffer.

You have given info to uk.d-i-y about your college and about your course. Keep it secret if you are worried about that info.

You have never posted anything that could compromise your job prospects, in fact you have done the opposite with your posts.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Depends on what kind of farm and what time of year.

Reply to
Huge

It grows beef.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I can fit my 3 bed semi in their kitchen and master bedroom.

That just leaves the rest of the house to deal with.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ah. Animals. Much work.

On arable farms there's nothing to do for months at a time at certain times of the year.

Of course, they make up for it with 19 hour days at others.

Reply to
Huge

well maybe - the manager here takes feb off and goes to the carribean, but the winter is all about machinery repair and service, march he is spraying and its teh last chance to trim hedges and the ditches often need clearing. Then its spraying time, and maybe some spring sowing, then more spraying and then the harvesting starts wioth rape, then the wheat...after that there is ploughing and possibly mole ploughing then planting up..and then its a bit of a spray and Christmas.

And there is always some hedge planting fencing or gating to be done.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Alwayas good to know your keyboard wont rot

Reply to
NT

My keyboard rots. ROT13 for security, ROT 13 twice for double security.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I love your sense of humour....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And I still have not seen a day pass where someone does not get a welder out.

The new gates they have are the best DIY gates I have ever seen

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Is that still allowed?

Reply to
brass monkey

Would that they ran the farm I live on.

Reply to
Huge

More or less. Parts of the place look like a cross between a scrap yard and a rubbish dump. Fortunately, I can't see those parts. The previous owner, under whose reign one could have performed brain surgery in the farmyard, must be spinning in his grave. Were he in it, and his ashes not scattered in the top spinney.

Reply to
Huge

If you complain about a website infringing your copyright etc then your name and address details are published online.

Reply to
mogga

Sort of. It is a working farm with staff (at least 10 full time farmhands). Does that make it a big farm?

The farm has not paid for the farmhouse and is seperate to the farm IYKWIM. All the land around the farmhouse will still be used for farming.

And the cows got out again today. This time there were 15 or so of the clumsy buggers getting exited and running around after getting out of the barn. I shut the gate and waited in the barn until help arrived (I did not have a big stick).

The last time I saw 15 fat cows showing that much flesh was on a night out in Rotherham when a hen party entered the pub.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

They have other fields with sheep. I only saw them today when I went to a different farmhouse (his Dads).

A good possibility.

Most interesting. And yes his daughters have horses:-)

I dare not ask questions about the place though.

Reply to
ARWadsworth