OT Pushfit Taptails

On the mating surfaces. They tend to leak otherwise

Reply to
alang

But they are both compression joints, which have a nut that compresses an olive to make a watertight seal, they require no jointing compound. Dunno about the other end, I could not see them. The way to use compression fittings, is to clean the pipe thoroughly and hand tighten the nuts, then give them 1/2 turn to tighten, put the water through, then tighten if needed. The biggest mistake by far, is not cleaning the pipe, followed by overtightening.

Reply to
joe

Maria wrote: I'm

Could I ask where you are doing the course & how much it costs?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No olive on the tap end. It's a copper mating surface

Try installing a bath or kitchen sink unit and fixing a leak after you fitted it all

The easiest thing is to use a joint sealant during assembly.

Reply to
alang

Sink 1cm too long to fit in hole - lost my jigsaw (in house move presumably)

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!

Just when you thought you had covered every eventuality...

Reply to
Maria

No. Fernox LSX is the new WD40.

Reply to
<me9

Sympathy. I had to replace a sink and the new one was just a bit too long and, worse, about a cm. too narrow and the work-top was tiled! Fortunately there were about a hundred spare tiles in the garage, so getting the extra length wasn't too bad but sawing off lots of little bits of 4" tiles was.

Reply to
PeterC

How do you get under the bath or up the back of the sink to apply it without taking the whole lot out?

Reply to
alang

Buy or borrow another saw or router

Reply to