OT Pub garden benches

any thoughts on how to keep the typical pub garden picnic tables free of the black mould that they all seem to suffer from? I would like to make some practical suggestions to avoid marks on trousers.

Reply to
John

pressure wash em.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

put the table in full light - mould likes shade

or wear dark trousers

--

Gill Smith

Wasps seem to be quite good at skimming the surface of wooden ones, as you can see from the little trails they have planed off. Snails are quite good at cleaning the algae off the plastic ones.

Otherwise, basically, keep the tables out from under trees as far as you are able. And clean them like you would any other pub furniture.

Spamlet

Nah - angle grinder.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yup!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

black mould that they all seem to suffer from? I would like to make some practical suggestions to avoid marks on trousers.

Wash and scrub with vinegar, when dry apply linseed oil.

Reply to
zaax