[OT] Prius bashing

I saw a picture of Ken Livingstone sitting in one.

I couldn't finish my breakfast.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Johnson Motor?

No electric

Yes, to cut the main cable and wire up the seat making an electric chair for Little Middle Englanders.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I know what you mean he is awe inspiring.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You ate obviously a dumb Jocko.

They are a dream to drive, that is true.

These model? Do they have no clothes on sitting on the boilers?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Wouldn't it be easier for him to point the finger if he'd evolved to opposable thumbs?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

More angst than Miele v Zanussi! or Henry v Dyson.

Total environmental impact needs to be brought more to the fore. The article does that - lots of nickel mined for the batteries - will 100% of it get recycled? Noxious chemical maybe - creating pollution at point of manufacture?

Similar arguments against wind turbines - look good - but what about the materials used in manufacture and siting them.

Ah well - must go to the tip with my perfectly good 28inch CRT TV as I should replace it with a LCD that might used a few less watts. That will be good for the environment.

Reply to
John

Battery powered.. fine (for CO2) as long as the power comes from a renewable or nuclear source. Then the carbon foot print is only the manufacturing, maintenance and road building costs. The dust to dust report didn't include anything for roads IIRC.

Reply to
dennis

Its not been too bad for the last 10 years, now Brown is the leader things may change.. who knows it may even become the Labour party.

Reply to
dennis

The telling one was Autocar getting only 22 mpg over some 500 miles including performance testing. Of course not many drive a vehicle that hard, but even so it makes interesting comparison with other vehicles of similar size and performance driven in the same way. All of which beat it.

Prius owners seem to quote an MPG figure based on really trying hard to save fuel. Then use normally driven vehicles as a comparison.

Real world driving - where the two vehicles are driven the same - show the Prius to be actually rather mediocre mpg wise - except for in heavy town traffic. But if it *is* only meant as a town car is poorly designed for that purpose in many other ways.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And they are exempt from the congestion charge - despite producing far more CO than many a small car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Heh heh. The Lexus SUV hybrid can't be used off road or to tow. It's a pure Chelsea Tractor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

An emetic personality.

Reply to
Andy Hall

22mpg! Please eff off as you are a worthless troll.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That should pave the way nicely.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Please eff off troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

For the chinless wonders to get back in? Cameron with old Etonian mates running the place - the thought of it!!!! Hurray Henry!!!!! More poor people living on the streets to rip-off again!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You are clearly an idiot troll, please eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Which touches on an old thread. (IYR?) I'd bet that the Minor achieved a similar or better MPG than the Prius, and you could probably manufacture two or three Minors with the materials needed for one P. It may pollute a little more out of the exhaust pipe, but it's always worth keeping a clear distinction in the mind between pollution and green house gas.

My dad had many Minors and Travellers, I'm sure he always got mid 40's MPG - can't ask now because he's dead. I do remember that he always tried to thin the mixture off as much as the engine would tolerate by turning the big nut on the underside of the SU carb.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

CO?