[OT] Prius bashing

Laugh? I split my epicyclic ring.

Reply to
Matt

Mine does 55 to 60 mpg and the emissions in town is brill. To drive they are a dream. Everything else after is agricultural.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Very fair assessment.

Until and unless we stop using fossil fuel for transport, the only 'Green' car is no car...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

> Laugh? I split my epicyclic ring.

Excellent article. Bookmarked.

Reply to
Huge

>>>Lord Hall, that was a load of bollox - what do expect from the Torygraph.

"...the unbearable smugness of some Toyota Prius owners presents a tempting target. Quick to point the finger at others, some use their Prius as public proof of a caring and moral "lifestyle" and put the moan into sanctimonious..."

Reply to
itsmeinnit

"yours" is a 50cc moped and your boss confiscated it after that unfortunate incident with a nun on a bicycle and an urgent delivery of fluorescent tubes.

You driving? You are dreaming.

Agricultural would be a bit too high tech for you, especially as it involved reproduction and the nearest you've got or ever will get to that is mucky thoughts over the models in Readers' Old Boilers.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What a load of bollox - they are sneering socially responsible people too. I got a Prius because it is superb to drive, silent most of the time and seamless in progression with no gear steps, and economical to run in fuel, service, and no congestion charge, great longevity (topped the JD Power surveys in the US and the UK) and big inside too. When I get into other cars it is like a flashback in time as they are so outdated inside.

Look at the city mpg figures for the Prius. As most are driven in cities this is where they score highly in mpg and emissions.

The Prius is light years ahead of any crap agricultural manual gbox diesel car - light years ahead in every respect. And they are getting better as battery technology improves and a few plug-in/petrol versions may be on the market too. No contest, Prius wins hands down as it is, and newer models in the next few years will push them further ahead. It seems the oil companies may slip the Torygraph the odd wedge. Some car mags pander to the manufacturers who advertise, and are behind in hybrid technology and products.

The hybrids are the current benchmark that others have to equal if not better.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

>>> Laugh? I split my epicyclic ring.

It wasn't at all.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, but you're gullible to marketing bumph. An ideal customer for this product.

Reply to
Andy Hall

?

It was in the Telegraph, so it must be right.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, Drivel thinks its bollocks, so it must be right.

I never see Drivels posts..he is killfiled here.. Its always amusing to get them second-hand though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

>> Lord

I drive one. The best car on the market for all the reason I stated. Briliant!!!!! If it was made by Makita would you buy one?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It looked fair to me... They reported on the mpg they got while driving it the same as the other cars. The fact that some Prius owners get better mpg is meaningless in real terms. I get 50+ mpg from my car and its not a hybrid and I do all my driving around town.

If you look at the Prius it is obvious that it is designed to get the most from the official test.. even the battery is designed to have just enough capacity to complete the test.

Just buy a smaller car and actually save some emissions if you think you have to help.

Reply to
dennis

>>> Laugh?

Exactly, you are learning oh snotty uni one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Dribble certainly has the attitude. All he needs now is the car...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which proves either:-

You've never driven one. Never driven any other modern car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a worthless troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a worthless troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Now they've become quite common - in London at least, due to the artificial tax advantages - just watch the way they are driven. Despite claiming to have nippy performance they in practice accelerate like a side valve Morris Minor - the owner obviously with his eyes clamped on the economy gauge. And are always at the head of the queue, in the middle of the road. Perhaps they should be sold complete with flat cap and pipe?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does it have a Makita motor or a TTI Ryobi one?

Impulse drive?

Is there a hacksaw in the toolkit just in case?

Reply to
Andy Hall