OT price of scart leads

Just went in to Dixons looking to buy a scart lead for a friend. Who the hell pays £69.99 for gold plated scart leads ?. Some people need to get a life and less money.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

In message , Dave Stanton wrote

Try CPC if you don't want to be ripped off

Just over £2 for a fully wired 1.5metre SCART to SCART with fully screened OFC flat cable. I find this the best I've used because it doesn't put strain on the connectors and it's easy to fold up to make it tidy.

CPC do many other SCART combinations including one where the whole of the connectors are gold plated for around a sixth of the price that Dixons want. Note: the prices on the CPC web site are excluding VAT

Order by credit card over the web today and the order will probably be with you by Tuesday.

Reply to
Alan

Agree about CPC. Excellent site and stock. deliver promptly. Occasional poor packaging but they correct errors and damage quickly

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Indeed- same thing from CPC or Farnell or RS = 85pence upto about £10 (for the gold plated Oxygen free cabled ones)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Oh yes I know, electronics tech this end, we use CPC all the time. It just amazed me that people will spend that sort of money on a bit of cable and 2 x very badly designed plugs. I got one from Woolies in the end for £5.99 as she needs the scart today.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

In article , Dave Stanton writes

I like mine soaked in prime quality snake oil for lubeing the electrons:)

Reply to
tony sayer

LOL Nice one

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

You mena they're not rusty ? I should hope so too :-)

Wonder how many they sell ?

Reply to
G&M

In message , tony sayer wrote

If you think the price of SCART leads is expensive at Dixons you don't want to know how much they charge for a 5ml bottle of snake oil.

Reply to
Alan

In message , Dave Stanton writes

Look at CPC

Reply to
raden

Another vote here for CPC for most of your cable requirements.

The site is good but the printed catalogue is even better, over 2600 pages of light bedtime reading. And much easier to "flick through" to find what you're looking for.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

Cheapskate.

2m SCART only GBP217

15 ft Mains lead only GBP 912.40

13A Mains socket (Treated with DeoxIT? Power Booster) only GBP19.95

8ft of speaker cable an absolute steal at only GBP 6,295.00 . Even

11ft will only set you back GBP8,435.00

You really don't understand HiFi do you?

Reply to
Peter Parry

There should be a new version of the site on its way soon, which is better than the current one. The thing that tends to let them down I find however, is the quality of the data online is not always as good as the catalogue....

Reply to
John Rumm

Wow! You have really opened my eyes. Makes me ashamed of my woefully inadequate home entertainment system.

This quote really sums it up for me: "Devoid of detrimental colour doping, KIMBER?s insulation improves the integrity of the mains current. "

Reply to
Grunff

I remember this company appearing in a blaze of publicity years ago. I gave them three months tops before they went bust. How on earth have they survived ?

Reply to
G&M

Well, I personally know people who buy this stuff. I have to admit though - mains cables is a new one on me.

Reply to
Grunff

Whats all this SWR stuff? Is a few feet really going to make any difference to a wavelength of 4,500km? 'cause what 50Hz in a cable roughly works out to be.

You missed adding the earth terminal to bring the price up to a mere snip at =A324.95.

I think I'm in the wrong job. Just hunt out some pretty looking cable and odd looking mains plugs write a bit of wibble but don't really claim anything, build a website...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But the new 2005 catalogue you don't get for free anymore, at least I don't. I'll have to pay =A34.99 for it but if I spend over =A3100 in the= year that will be refunded. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

How many mains leads at 912.40 do you need to sell in a month to break even I wonder ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

... And when they send you something which someone has already sent back because it doesn't work

Reply to
raden