OT Post-it notes

I thought it came from Yorkshire :-)

Anyway, it's only foreign because of modern history. Indian tea used to be Colonial.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No, that's whippets, cloth caps, ferrets and Pontefract cakes (all of which happen to be ingredients in tea)

I have had a few funny looks over here asking for milk with tea (I can't really get PG Tips or Tetley's over here, but the Liptons floor sweepings are reasonably close)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

You need your own note saying, "Hang on, I'm talking to my therapist" :-)

Extra points for sticking it on your forehead before turning to look at her.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

My thoughts exactly, on reading Adam's tale!

Adam: you're probably a hefty bloke, and you probably live in a world where most people are very assertive. I think David's analysis above describes a few people that I know, who are not as assertive as some.

Cue: Adam telling us what a pushy bitch she has been in bossing the job ...

John

Reply to
Another John

The plants might have been imported, but not necessarily foreign as in "grown abroad":

polygonum

I knew that! Its these weirdo green/Earl Grey/herbal/fruit teas that are foreign muck!

Good old British builders tea (no sugar ta) is what we want!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I heard of a building site in Germany where the Brits amazed the locals by maintaining a huge vat of boiling water with 200 tea bags floating in it. By late afternoon it was a little on the strong side

Reply to
stuart noble

If the second Earl Grey, prime minister from 1830 to 1834 isn?t British, who is?

Isn?t that used for preserving leather?

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

Tea tastes different if you boil it. Most brits wouldn't like boiled tea. The Asian cultures usually boil their tea, sometimes with the milk in, I hate the taste.

Reply to
dennis

I can tell you with some certainty that the Chinese do *not* boil their tea.

They do however use leaves rather that floor sweepings that pass as muck here and either make it in a pot or a mug with an integral tea-strainer and leave it for a good 5-10 minutes after adding boiling water.

The beauty of leaves is that you get another couple of cups from the same leaves but adding fresh boiling water.

Reply to
Tim Watts

That's true. I like Chinese tea. I used to be able to get some really nice stuff when we had members of the Chinese government over for demos.

The Chinese used to put the leaves in the cup and add more water and tea as the day went on.

Reply to
dennis

Sorry for the delay in replying, I ended up spending an extra night in London, just got back.

I actually had the window down when she came to the van and I wound it up when she started hovering around. The phone call was non of her business.

When I did knock on the front door she wanted to check that I was still going to do the work and discuss what I would be doing!

The woman was not intentionally rude (I thought it was rude but I was not particulary bothered), maybe it was difference of culture that made her behave that way. She was a little giddy.

I tend to find that phones bring out the bad manners and rudeness in people (particulary women).

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Bergamot! Yuk!

And builders....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Then stop making those obscene phone calls :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman