OT: Plane fuel

Cars can go electric, but what are planes going to do when the oil runs out?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

now, f*ck off and troll somewhere else, prick

Reply to
Mick

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@red.lan:

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this announcement.

My name is Peter and I am from Scotland. I am 58 years old, excessively fat, have bad teeth, flatulence and a runny nose.

I am looking for anything with a pulse to shag. I am a serious gay guy.

If you are interested in meeting me, please write to me at the address below, enclosing a photo, some spunk stained pants, and information on how you can be contacted.

Peter Hucker

38 St. Serfs Grove CLACKMANNAN FK10 4SR Tel: 01259 723661
Reply to
Pieces of Eight

big elastic bands?

Reply to
charles

Big weights that fall under gravity attached to the prop shafts by long cables.

Reply to
dennis

Not good enough. Its possible that advanced lithium air batteries might do the job, but my bet is on synthetic avjet made from nuclear power.

Bloody expensive, but when that's all you have left...

The Natural Philosopher

Just thought of an answer to my own question - biofuel.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Whoever thought up that idea was knocked on the head by one of the falling weights.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Electric aircraft?

OK it's a fuel cell equipped aircraft but the actual motor is an "electric one"

soup

Is that where you get the passengers to pedal?

Reply to
dennis

could that be scaled to a 747?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

"I'm sorry madam, your power to weight ratio is insufficient for this flight."

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

No, but it might involve a closed loop including the toilets, situated here, here, and here.

Reply to
Graham.

ROTFPMSL! Or SMSL would be more productive.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

No idea . Wouldn't have thought so, but who knows what twenty years of development might do?

Reply to
soup

Go back to being for the super rich only whilst the rest of us go back to never leaving your home town and just working all the hours of our lives for scraps of bread.

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

Could also be made from renewables. In fact, if you have enough renewables to provide electricity at peak demand, making liquid fuel or hydrogen for transport is a good way of using the excess capacity at minimum demand.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Nah Nah.

harry

As usual you ignore all the serious drawbacks. And those don't even include the fact that the Atlantic is getting wider.

Reply to
Tim Streater

no, it would be 9 times the price made from renewables, or 30 times from solar.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher