OT Petrol for 2 stroke garden equipment?

I do and have done so for about 25 years

Reply to
Charles Hope

I believe that the Tesco at Bury St. Edmunds sells Premium fuel. Or maybe it's the one on the south side of Norwich. Or both, even.

says that Tesco sells Super Unleaded as well as Unleaded.

Reply to
Davey

In what way?

Reply to
Tim Streater

That's 'cos Glasgow wants to leave the Union!

Reply to
Davey

Since - in any given region of the country - it all comes out of the same tank at the same regional depot fed from the same pipes from the same handful of national refineries...

Ooh, yes. Forgot. The driver adds a bucket of damn-near-homeopathic- quantity brand-specific additives.

Roughly what percentage of the UK vehicle fleet fills up at supermarkets?

Reply to
Adrian

There are certainly 3 different fuels at the Sainsbury's that I use. One is diesel. so presumably the other two are different grades of petrol

Reply to
Charles Hope

I've seen far more smoke out of petrol cars than diesel ones. MOT tests do keep the smoke down. Lorries, that's another story.

What's wrong with a turbo?

Reply to
Charles Hope

Reply to
Charles Hope

I do see filthy smoke taxis and other small commercial vehicles from time to time, I assume it's because they haven't bothered to maintain them although how they get away with that vis-a-vis the MOT is a good question.

I just had my particulate filter changed at 75k miles.

Reply to
Tim Streater

E5 - 5%. E10 95 is becoming available, but it'll have to be clearly labelled, and E5 95 will remain the default "protection grade".

Nope, they're all E5, too.

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ... writes

Says more about your Merc then i think.

I've only ever used standard fuel (petrol or diesel) supermarkets, oil company garages where ever, never had fuel gaugae problems on any of our cars

Reply to
Chris French

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ... writes

Pretty sure all the supermarkets around here to Premium fuel as well

Reply to
Chris French

you don't have to change the plugs on diesels, nor, when I went diesel, check the points or worry about a distributor failing. That happend to me twice with a petrol engined car.

Reply to
Charles Hope

I doubt there's a single car been built since about 1990 with points - and not many from the previous 5-10yrs.

I doubt there's a single car been built in the last 15 years with a distributor - and they failed VERY infrequently.

If you think you don't have to change the plugs on a diesel, you've never had the shenanigans of glow plugs failing. Spark plugs on petrols are often 100k intervals these days, btw.

Reply to
Adrian

I struggle to imagine how a fuel gauge sender could be affected by fuel, short of the float somehow dissolving, and that ain't going to fix itself.

Reply to
Adrian

It could "gum up".

Reply to
Charles Hope

actually a few.

as are glo plugs.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A LOOOOOOOOOONG while after the pump, filter, injectors would gum up.

Reply to
Adrian

So hows the spark generated and timed, and how do the volts get to the plug? Magic?

Reply to
Tim Streater

I have always used super in my tools and never had a problem... (never had a problem with stale petrol either)

Reply to
John Rumm