OT: pencil & ears

It's a piece of beeswax, beautifully fashioned into hexagonal cells and containing honey.

Or pollen or brood or an combination.

Why anyone should want one in his hair is another matter - although honey has been recommended as a hair restorer. Perhaps the customer started the morning bald ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Paddy was working on scaffolding on a building site when he lost his balance and fell down. During the fall his ear caught on a sharp protrusion and was ripped off... After his fellow workers had picked him up and taken him to the hospital, another worker found Paddy's ear lying on the floor so he took it to the hospital with the hope that they could sew it back on again. When paddy heard the news and saw the ear, he said "That's not mine, mine had a pencil behind it..."

Sorry folks, couldn't resist it... (translated from a Turkish joke featuring 'Temel', the "equivalent" of Paddy...)

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

I've always found that one funny :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My sympathies. You must be really bored ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

My mind wandered for a brief instant there.....okay, back on safe territory ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Thanks Mike and Mary... I even went and looked up the word "comb" in a dictionary to ensure that I had spelled it correct!

Mungo :-)

(Hey, "Mary", "Mungo" and "Mike" ... almost a cartoon idea there! :-)

Reply to
Mungo Henning

Spotlights are already available - a glassless frame, with a forward pointing light at each side and a small battery in each arm. They can be worn with spectacles, which, as you no longer need to hold a small Maglite in them, leaves your teeth free to hold the pencil. However, as you are probably working at night, one of the pens with a built-in LED around the tip might be more useful.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Oh - do tell!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've got the hat ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

But I've been drinking.....

.....thoughts were about whether the ink leakage stained the underlying skin.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:15:50 +0000, PoP

snip

Many moons ago when we are all young, poor and smoked it was quite common to 'Nick' a cigarette to keep for later.

A friend did just this, dropped the nicked cigarette into the breast pocket of his jacket , and 15 mins later discovered he hadn't nicked it completely. It had burnt a hole right through the jacket pocket and amazingly had also burnt his shirt before he noticed what was going on.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

ROTFL

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Oh! Is that all?

I can't remember. I don't think it went on my vest :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We called it 'nipping'.

The north/south divide perhaps???

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

One was a free Ikea one, and the other was actually a pen :)

I had the tape measure in my hand as it happens :)

On another note, I was bust putting up a CCTV camera at said mates house the other day - I ended up with a 8mm masonry drill bit behind one ear at one point!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Is the size important?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, an 8mm masonry bit is quite heavy (compaired to a pencil!) - I was suprised it stayed there!

Reply to
Sparks

:3fc09a2f$0$52888$ snipped-for-privacy@news.gradwell.net...

You wouldn't forget it, that's true.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mary, you should know by now that size isn't important..... :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

But the size (8mm) was mentioned and I wondered why. It's been explained adequately now - it's more a matter of mass apparently.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher