OT - Parking Scam at Homebase

Guys, this is serious, it could happen to any one of you.

The other day I was leaving the Homebase store on the other side of town when two girls approached me in the car park. They'd come to this store for some bits but they were out of stock. Apparently the other Homebase store on my side of town had the stuff they needed.

They pleaded for a lift, and me being naturally helpful etc, I agreed to drop them at the other store on my way home.

Well, I don't wish to be too graphic about this, but the one in the front seat was clearly eager to demonstrate her appreciation for the lift and got rather busy rather quickly. Naturally (after taking the circuitous route) I dropped them off at the Homebase they desired.

Feeling rather relaxed, I eventually made my wayarrived home only to discover that my wallet was missing. It is now obvious to me, this is some sort of distraction scam. The one in the front keeps you occupied while the one in the back lifts your wallet.

I know you're probably all thinking that this is some sort of wind-up/chain email etc, but I promise you this is real. It happened to me last Monday, Thursday and twice on Friday, and I reckon it could happen again tomorrow ;-)

Someone

Reply to
somebody

In message , somebody writes

HAven't heard that one for at least a fortnight

Reply to
geoff

two girls approached me in the car park. They'd come

Homebase store on my side of town had the stuff they

them at the other store on my way home.

was clearly eager to demonstrate her appreciation

circuitous route) I dropped them off at the Homebase

that my wallet was missing. It is now obvious to me,

while the one in the back lifts your wallet.

email etc, but I promise you this is real. It happened

again tomorrow ;-)

What you need is a spare (empty) wallet. ;-)

Reply to
Graham.

Which store? Which store?

Reply to
brass monkey

Yeah right

you having a laugh..........is he having a laugh?

Reply to
Count de Monet

Amazing how many didn't catch on.

Reply to