OT: Pairing powerline adapters (TP-LINK)

bought a new router yesterday, and after swapping it out for the old one, something weird seemed to happen to the powerline network I have in place. No problem, I thought ... I'll re-pair the adapters (TP Link PA201s).

First 2, no problem. Then I tried to add a 3rd, using the socket next to the 2nd. For some reason it just refused to pair. Then, after a cup of tea, I went back to it, and it was paired (the "PLC" light was on).

However, try as I might, I cannot get the 4th powerline adapter to join the network. I've out it next to one of the already paired ones, and tried every combination of pressing pair on the new one first, old one first ... but no, the 4th adapter refuses to pair.

Can anyone suggest anything to help ? The 3 paired ones are blazing away at 150Mb (according to the utility) at 80% signal strength, so I can't see it's a mains wiring issue.

Reply to
Jethro

Might be mains trash getting into the ring off the TP link.

The one case where a mains filter plug in might do something.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

An angle grinder, then replace your network connections with a bit of suitable cable. Power line network adapters shouldn't even be on sale due to the interference they cause.

The Other Mike

Radio hams should have mouths wired up and angle grinders used on their fingers for all the bitching they do about powerline adapters!

Reply to
Unbeliever

Goa Ndtak Eafly Ingf Ucktoy Ourse Lfass. Nkondo.

Reply to
grimly4

[snip]

Seconded

Reply to
<me9

In message , The Other Mike writes

I'm just waiting for the silver foil hat brigade to notice these things. Surely all this RF being radiated from not only the PLA owners wiring but also whatever is leaking out onto the power network must be harmful.........

Reply to
Bill

One man's signal is another man's noise as we used to say. Of course in those days the term "man" could also include women according to context.

Reply to
hugh