OT: Overheard on visit to Zoo yesterday

I know is OT but I 'm sure many in this grp will enjoy this gem, overheard on a visit to the Zoo yesterday.

Sign by Lion enclosure:

"Lions typically sleep up to 20 hours per day".

He: "So how many hours are they awake then?"

She: "About six... no four... no six".

Great fun eh!

Reply to
dave

How old was she?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I didn't like to ask, but I guess late 20's

btw The "he" question was not a joke!

Reply to
dave

So, how many do they sleep? On certain days it could be 23 or 25, unless they can't (lions that is) tell the time!

Reply to
Broadback

It could be six! Since they sleep for *up* *to*[1] 20 yours, the correct answer would have been "at least four".

[1] weasel words well known in advertising - viz: "save up to 50%" - which usually means that most things are discounted by about 10%!
Reply to
Roger Mills

Sounds like they are a good match for each other.

I wonder if, between them, they could count how many legs a lion has?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

No, no. They may breed!

Andrew Gabriel coughed up some electrons that declared:

:)

Reply to
Tim S