OT:(or maybe not) Puke Odor

One of my Grandchildren stayed over last night and unfortunately puked over the settee, it was cleaned off and washed down & bicarbonate of soda sprinkled over to absorb excess moisture etc.
The stink when we returned tonight beggars belief! We've tried deodorizers, perfume etc which masks it for a while, but then it suddenly creeps up on us and grabs us by the throat :-(
Any ideas pleeeeeeeaze?
Brad.
"Boaz" wrote | One of my Grandchildren stayed over last night and unfortunately | puked over the settee, it was cleaned off and washed down & | bicarbonate of soda sprinkled over to absorb excess moisture etc. | The stink when we returned tonight beggars belief! We've tried | deodorizers, perfume etc which masks it for a while, but then | it suddenly creeps up on us and grabs us by the throat :-( | Any ideas pleeeeeeeaze?
1. Cat litter. 2. One of those 3-in-1 carpet/upholstery cleaner machines.
Owain

Pet accident sanitary cleaner (Betterware, or a pet shop). S[ray on foam, wipe off with a damp cloth. Seriously good deodoriser; stops cats coming back anyway...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Any good outside then ?
Dave

Never tried it. But it sorted out the smell after comprehensive vomiting over an armchair!
Outside, we use the cat.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
: One of my Grandchildren stayed over last night and unfortunately puked over : the settee, it was cleaned off and washed down & bicarbonate of soda : sprinkled over to absorb excess moisture etc. : : The stink when we returned tonight beggars belief! We've tried deodorizers, : perfume etc which masks it for a while, but then it suddenly creeps up on us : and grabs us by the throat :-( : : Any ideas pleeeeeeeaze? : 1001 carpet and upholstry cleaner - mousse with brush attached to tin. It has been good for puke for us. Absolutely no point in trying to mask the smell - you need to get to the root of the problem, which is puke trapped in the material. A good wet vacuum cleaner/ shampooer is worth a go too. Borrow if you don't have one.
Suzanne

I would have thought that babies vomitting on furniture was an everyday experience. What is it about this piece of furniture that is so different I wonder.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:46:01 UTC, "Michael McNeil"

Mostly, babies are fine and the vomit doesn't cling. But, just as with rain and snow, there are many classes of vomit, and occasionally you get a bad one...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

There's a vast difference (and quantity) between baby vomit & a nine year olds!
Maybe my furniture is super absorbent ;-)
Brad.
Febreeze !!! Works wonderfully, i would never have beleived it myself, but it really does.