OT One for Dennis

There are exact parallels between the Roman Empire and the EUSSR.

Both had to expand constantly to get cheap labour. Both were run by financial incompetents. Both were undemocratic. Rome and Brusselsl both suck in the wealth generated by their empires

The Roman Empire collapsed through financial incompetence, in-fighting, failure to defend frontiers and hostile immigrants.

As will the EUSSR. A lot quicker than the Roman Empire.

Reply to
harry

Yeah when you drag people thousands of miles to fight wild animals for the entertainment of the hoi polloi they tend to get a bit hostile. Ask Spartacus. I didn't hear that the EU was thinking of emulating this policy.

Reply to
Albert Zweistein

But can you be SURE :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Even the cretins in Brussels wouldn't do that ...hang on they've closed the city down, maybe they're building an amphitheatre. That could work, ISIS militant versus endangered polar bear, could get top tv ratings in Merkinland..

Reply to
Albert Zweistein

I've always thought that the substantial climate warming was one of the key enablers of Roman expansion, and that the loss of agricultural productivity at the start of the dark ages might have been another factor in the decline.

Reply to
newshound