OT Olympic stadium etc.

IIRC, the buildings were designed to have the 'wings' containing the majority of the seating removed after the games.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Correct. At least according to the dozen or so guided tours I've driven round the park over the last few years. ;-)

The system for the main arena is similar, with most of the seating in a removable "doughnut".

One or two of the other arenas were designed to be re-usable in other locations, but I believe that those plans have now fallen through, though I could be wrong.

Reply to
John Williamson