OT Old Films - Sheffield Steel and other British Council Films

(because that was the one I heard about on the radio)

linked to from here

or here

I am sure at least one poster here will find something worth watching on the site instead of actually doing any DIY.

Reply to
ARW

Great link, thanks.

Pathe on Youtube and now this as well.

michael adams

michael adams

Yes indeed. Only watched the steel one so far. Fascinating not just for the engineering but also the social details, not to mention the H&S! Loved the guy forging the boiler drum for a Russian power station on a

7k ton press.
Reply to
newshound

Try this one next

ARW

If you are also interested in farming and country history, the University of East Anglia released an archive a couple of years ago. "Village in the Wheatfields" was one such film, and there are several showing agricultural development post-war. I can supply a link, if wanted.

Reply to
Davey

Here:

The BBC also has a collection of Railway films, that could not officially be downloaded, the last time I looked.

Reply to
Davey

I remember that one from CEGB training in the late 1960's. Alvar Lidell and Norman Shelley, no less.

Reply to
newshound