OT: ok back again...

well sort of...

Unpacking and sorting may take months, and there are going to be a fair few DIY projects to do (again in some cases!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Welcome back! Hope the move went ok - you've obviously got the important bits up and running!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Not another attic conversion?! (If so I've seen this really good website that some bloke put up with tips on how he did his - might help...? ;-) )

David

Reply to
Lobster

G'day mate!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Move was ok but tiring. Internet and phones managed port themselves on the day promised without any hitches, it seems as well. On the down side my ADSL sync rate looks like it might stabilise at about 2Mb rather than the nice 8Mb I had before... (although that is running on a plug in microfilter at the moment rather than a proper whole house filter). Needless to sat a structured wiring system and shifting my PBX may take a little more time.

Reply to
John Rumm

Nope, previous owners beat me to it on that... mind you there is a possible candidate over the garage! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Sad huh! ;-)

I did hold off at least a whole day after finding which box the router and WAP were in. Might take some more time to get my office sorted, so until then I am left with a laptop or borrowing SWMBO's computer (ah, the deprivation - no terabytes of online storage or dual head displays!)

Reply to
John Rumm

He's a uk.d-I-ay addict, isn't he

All his possessions in boxes, Polly months of work ahead sorting out the house, what is the first thing he does ?

get his computer out and posts to UK. d-I-ay

Reply to
geoff

Maxie, he doesn't have much to do in DIY in sheltered accommodation. The bailiffs threw another chav out we see.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You mean he has made a transestuarine relocation?

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's called dedication.

The difference in roles between the pig and the chicken in the breakfast.

Reply to
Andy Hall