Objection to mast - best way to object a Vodafone contractor proposing to erect a mast

Let's see it then.

BTW there's also *some* evidence that there is a danger from staring into that screen you're looking at for too long..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Do tell - what was the reaction..?!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Apart for the "politics" etc, and on a more scientific basis, you cannot be certain that there is any health risk at all can you?. I can't say yes or no with any certainty at all, and for that matter neither can anyone else!.....

Reply to
tony sayer

Class !! :o))

I know of one death resulting directly from a base station mast.

5 or 6 years ago I was working in the R.O.I (I wont name the SP) They'd put up 4 masts during the week and left them for the contractors to start installing the cabins and antennas starting on the following Monday. A couple of paddys took particular exception to one of the masts and decided to take matters into their own hands. After chaining the mast to their land rover, they proceeded to unbolt the mast from its securing platform. Once all bolts were removed, one of them (obviously not the brains of the duo) started to pull away. Tip of the day - if you're going to pull a mast over, make sure the chains are quite a bit longer then the height of the mast !! The mast came crashing down, killing the driver instantly.

Happy Days :o))

Reply to
Gizmo

In article , Ivor Jones writes

Yes but their few and far between and usually due to the nature of them their out in the sticks on high masts in order to get the required "coverage". TETRA and other more recent services are much closer to human habitation and are much more likely to be in built up areas..

Yes but even so they are few and far between and are not on continuous output all the time..thank god;(

Once again very short duty cycles...

Its more around us now than ever before......

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , snipped-for-privacy@uk2.net writes

Bin there seen it received it etc. Not that many people live all that close, and as I've stated, much lower frequencies etc....

Reply to
tony sayer

| > | Yes, and the way to get rid of the masts is to stop using the (much | > | more dangerous) mobile phones. | >

| > Correct. But I *need* my mobile phone. ;-) | | You didn't before they were invented..!

;-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

*sigh*

No wonder the country is going down the pan if this is the standard of our graduates.

Oh, it's half term week. Ignore him, mummy will be tucking him up in bed soon.

Reply to
SteveH

"Bob Eager" wrote | Grunff wrote: | > Dave Plowman (News) wrote: | > > Why would protecting the brain over other organs be necessary? | > Duh! Because that's how THEY control you - via the brain. They | > can't do the same via any other organ. | Women can.

Yeah, a man's stomach is so often his downfall. Home made lasagne and chips and coconut sponge with chocolate sauce does it for me every time.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh, no, he didn't.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That would assume the phone you are using is on the same network as the mast...

Reply to
John Rumm

[snip]

You've obviously never come across packet radio..! Largely superseded by internet links now, but in its heyday 5 to 15 years ago packet used many VHF and UJF links running significant power. I ran a local bulletin board for this area here for 11 years, it transmitted on two separate UHF (432 MHz) channels running 8W into 7 element beams, plus two user access channels on a vertical omnidirectional colinear. The latter were only active when users were logged on, but the link frequencies were *very* busy, certainly in its heyday they were active for 90% of the day at least. Some BBS's used higher frequencies such as 1.3 GHz but I never had a reliable link on that band from here.

Coming back to today, the local 144MHz repeater in this area is internet linked and as a result attracts high numbers of users from all over the world, the transmitter can be active for 12 hours out of the 24 quite easily. It runs 25W ERP and *is* in a residential area.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

"sPoNiX" wrote | >> Obviously if something is in higher concentration it *could* | >> impose an increased risk to health. | >Not "obviously" at all. | So you are suggesting that something in a high concentration is | automatically safer than the same something in a low concentration?

A big lump of solid lead vs lead particles in the atmosphere

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Many of the current concerns over TETRA are due to problems with TV interference in some areas, and also EMC related problems, rather than direct health concerns.

Reply to
John Rumm

Fortunately PY or is it PI are/is up at Barkway and PY or PI or ** is up at Madingley hill outa da way:)

Reply to
tony sayer

"Jacque" wrote | Many masts are erected on hills, or grass-land, in which children | DON'T play as a rule-of-thumb; that's for a reason.

Yes, because if you put a (visible) mast in the middle of a children's playground the little bastards will either vandalise it or uproot it and try to sell it to get money for crack.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

wrote | I've never played "as a rule of thumb", is it a good game?

It depends on how big your thumb is and where the person you're playing with allows you to put it :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

too right mate! and you may well look back in years to come and wish you hadn't been so flippant about it!

it will be too late then, of course!

i've been working with computers for nearly 25 years now and i'm certainly feeling the effects! to the extent that i have definite health effects from sitting in front of a computer now - it seems to be from the chemical fumes given off by them. it's at the stage now where i just can't work at a computer for very long any more - which is a real bastard, as i've got a book to write and i really can't face going back to writing with a pen on paper!

will

Reply to
will kemp

tony sayer wrote: [...]

So only high-frequency RF transmitters are a problem then?

I trust you have already removed all your light bulbs and turned off your central heating, and never go outside any more then...

Reply to
Peter Corlett

don't worry about particulates and asthma in relation to vdus or computer monitors - the big problem is PDBEs (polybrominated diphenyl ethers) and PBBs (polybrominated biphenyls) - flame retardants that are used in computer equipment and give off toxic fumes even when the things are switched off. they've been linked to allergies, respiratory problems and other health effects. the EU has banned them from equipment put on the market from 1st July 2006, but you can breath them in right now, anywhere there's a computer!

will

Reply to
will kemp