OT No references...

understanding of work & business, and constructiveness, that people don't get by being an employee. The question is how to sell that to an employee :)

And perhaps the best way to do that is to list all your responsibilities, and show the operation was profitable.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , snipped-for-privacy@care2.com writes

More important is to convince the person on the other side of the table or reading your application that you can actually fit in to the "employed" environment and accept the constraints and restrictions that go with it. If they're any good they will establish whether you have the skills and experience to do the job or the ability to acquire those skills through training. My approach was that I can teach skills, what is much more difficult is to teach attitude.

Reply to
bert

Indeed, that the abilities to succeed in business are not the prime consideration for employees never impressed me. Going back to being employed means giving up a lot of freedoms to succeed.

NT

Reply to
meow2222