OT: no go areas

On a trip to a Sheffield hospital the other day I found myself in what appeared to be a 'no go' area. I wonder if the satnav firms could start to show these, with the option to select an alternative route.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I've never seen a no-go area. What did this one look like?

Reply to
GB

How did the google car get into the no go area, and get out again ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Ladies Toilet?

Reply to
Martin

Must, by definition, be difficult to tell. Unless you send in a drone, of course.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Google map link?

Reply to
Tim Watts

What made it "no go"? Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

There are signs at every entrance. Exactly like the CC area in London.

Or maybe just a yellow box on the road?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

:)

Curiously, though, Bill says he found himself inside one. So, it must have been a Go area, surely? Do you think he's trapped inside?

Reply to
GB

I wondered whether it was speed bumps? So, "no go very fast", rather than "no go at all".

Reply to
GB

Perhaps he crashed through the barrier? People blindly following satnavs do that, I'm told.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There so many large pot holes in urban Sheffield that speed bumps should be superfluous. Despite that there is no shortage of speed bumps between pot holes.

Sheffield must have the worst maintained urban roads in Europe.

Reply to
Martin

Maybe Bill means he is constipated?

Reply to
Peter Crosland

We have no go areas where I am, they're resurfacing the road and there's signs out saying road closed for highway maintaince. 24th - 28th 8am to 5pm

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'm on holiday in Norfolk, an area I don't know terribly well, and the road I wanted to go on was closed. With a diversion sign, of course. Followed that. Found the next one, and followed that. Then, they must have run out of them. Or maybe just got bored.

I was not entertained. (Pun intended.)

Reply to
GB

You know how the signs at temporary traffic lights had to be re-worded from "wait here while red light shows" to "wait here until green light shows" for the benefit of any yorkshiremen who'd strayed out of the county? I expect this is a similar wording for "pedestrian precinct" or "no entry" we need to watch out for ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Be grateful that the final diversion sign didn't take you back to the first one.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Don't they know what the word "while" means?

Reply to
Tim Streater

My father once asked a stranger for directions. Followed those carefully, and eventually found himself back in the same place. Which, indeed, turned out to be where he was looking for!

Reply to
GB

That has happened to me...

Reply to