OT:NHS fuckwittery.

I didn't suggest they should have, just that the main entrance might not be the best choice for one of them.

The idea is to get people to a place of safety and that may not be outside the main entrance. While it is important to get people through a fire exit quickly, there is nothing to stop that exit from leading people into a protected route, which takes them some way further before they get outside. Indeed, my local hospital has just such a protected route along a fairly long corridor that has obviously been designed to get wheelchairs out to the car park, across a significant change of level, but it also serves as access to offices.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 Article 14(e) states 'sliding or revolving doors must not be used for exits specifically intended as emergency exits'. I can't find any exemptions from that.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar