OT Newsserver

I fancied an additional user name with eternal-september. It would seem that I can only have one user name per email address with them. I don't fancy pissing around with Yahoo etc. Still using OE in Virgin Media.

Anybody know of a decent, free and easy to configure newsserver that will work with the above? One where I can say what I like without being reported.

Taa

Reply to
Mr Pounder

You *could* just set up another e-mail address....

Even Beattie allows you to have many aliases pointing at the same mailbox.

Reply to
John Williamson

That don't seem to be too easy with VM.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Repack the computer into its box, post it back etc etc.

You do realise that you can sign up to Yahoo, Hotmail, etc in about 2 minutes flat which, and I suspect I'm going to have to type this slowly, gives you another email address.

Reply to
Scott M

Any email client will let you set up as many email accounts, each with its own email address and mail host, as you want. I have 5 in my email client at present.

Not sure what VM (whatever that may refer to in this context) has to do with anything.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Indeed, but if the idea of signing up for a web-based email is beyond him...

I have visions of a virtual machine with an Outlook config duplicated to it giving, lo and behold, the same address.

Reply to
Scott M

Or GMX if the big sites don't appeal to you.

Reply to
PeterC

Yahoo is crap. But, thanks for your generous input. If only all posters were as helpful as you. Now, go f*ck yourself.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Not sure what VM (whatever that may refer to in this context) has to do with anything.

Virgin Media he got warned by then for his abusive racist posts.

Reply to
Julian Pegley

Well Mr Pounder has never been PC, but I have not seen anything on this newsgroup that he has posted that he should not be allowed to post.

Reply to
ARW

I got warned for using the word "ni**er". This was in a blueyonder group and I was reported by a little spineless Nancyboy who still denies reporting me. I'm sure you have heard the words spineless and Nancyboy before. I got warned for crossposting ffs, in I think comp.os.os2.advocacy. That is why I switched to eternal-september.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Lol

Don't forget to pack the box well and use plenty of tape.

Reply to
Julian Pegley

Why do you have to use the n-word?

Reply to
ARW

What is an n-word? It sounds like a regular expression. . . . . . . (For those not in the know a regular expression is a hidden formatting thingumy that can be "found and replaced" in an office document.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You can have more with others? What would that be useful for?

If I ever new how to set up a news-server I have long since forgotten how. But I had thought that Virgin already has it's own newsgroups. (I haven't managed to find them, though.)

Or do I still have to set it up with a news server?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

You're reducing everything to Microsoft. Regular expressions are much more widespread than that.

Reply to
Windmill

Virgin do have a mail server. It mostly works but you can't say what you want.

Yes, I think it is news.virginmedia.com

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Virgin don't check whats in mail messages.

They do expect you to be polite and legal when using their news server.

This is in addition to the legal side of things which would make half of this newsgroups posting illlegal in the UK if anyone actually bothered.

Reply to
dennis

At least I always abide by the law and never post anything illegal.

Reply to
ARW