OT:Newsreader broken

anyone suggest a reason why all of a sudden my replies are appearing in new threads ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

git://git.gnome.org/pan2)

Well thats Linux innit, Its the same name as a code writing tracking system. No idea..

Perhaps you have been infected by a mole from Outlookexpress on Windoze.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What newsreader is it?

Whatever one it is, follow the relevant method to unsubscribe from the group(s), delete stored messages from your hard drive, re-subscribe and start again.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Never used Pan on Gnome, but as your replies are seen as fine by me, it might not be what you send but the way Pan is reading your replies when you view them??

Reply to
Ericp

Also suddenly appearing in different threads to me, using Firefox.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

it's PAN under xfce.

It's weird ... I haven't changed any config settings. I've used PAN for a couple of years with no problems.

I wonder if my ISP has done something ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

it's always worth checking Google groups via a web browser, to see if your posts actually are turning up in the wrong places:

If not, then it's either your news provider or your software. Can you post the subject and time of a particular post that's in the wrong place? I can check in my own newsreader with eternal-september and Virgin if that's any help.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

I'd certainly suspect virginmedia rather than PAN...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Hmm, shows in thread ... maybe cleaning PAN out is required :(

Many thanks (thumbs up :) ) , but it looks like it's my end

:( Buggeration.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I gave up on Virgin's news service, I think they stopped supporting it officially. It got worse and worse and I switched to eternal-september.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

I tried ES, but they don't support moderated groups ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I didn't know that, I can read moderated groups via ES but I've never tried posting to them.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Indeed. My excuse is old age.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I know nothing at all about Pan, but all your messages which splinter from the proper thread are lacking a "References:" header.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Its not injecting a references: header into the messages...

Reply to
John Rumm

Its not that old, only up to version 20 odd ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

it is but not all the time?

From: John Rumm Organization: Internode Ltd User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130509 Thunderbird/17.0.6 Subject: Re: OT:Newsreader broken References: In-Reply-To:

if you check the posts in Re: OT. Farage in Scotland

-
Reply to
Mark

That is the references line added by my newsreader. You will note it is also the same as the "in reply to" header, which suggests that the post I am replying to did not have its own references line and this is why it was being treated as the start of a thread.

Reply to
John Rumm

It can happen if you reply to a message that has been posted using Google Groups. Google doesn't properly handle threaded conversations and doesn't include the header information needed for proper threading.

Reply to
Bernard Peek