OT New Raspberry Pi 0 £4 !!!

The new Raspberry Pi 0 model has just been announced. 1 GHz processor,

0.5Gig RAM, 1080p HDMI graphics etc.

Made in Cardiff - £4.

Thought some of you might be interested.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Remember when computer magazines used to have lsitings that you typed in, now they come with computer taped to the front ;-)

Adam Aglionby

In further news Cray announce they'll be giving away a brand new XC40-AC supercomputer when you buy 5 or more Krispy Kreme donuts. :)

Reply to
Albert Zweistein

By Roberts?

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Remember when you got a machine code ZX81 listing that was basically a massive REM statement full of "junk" for 2 solid pages - real bugger to proof read...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Phooey. I remember having to prepare programs for the Elliott 803 on paper tape, using unreliable teletypes to punch it out. Try proof-reading paper-tape why don't you :-)

Reply to
Tim Streater

At least of you drop it it stays in order - unlike cards!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Streater scribbled

When the House of Cards in Tottenham Court Road did a roaring trade.

Reply to
Jonno

Eben borrowing from the Steve Jobs style "one last thing" school of presentation ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Robots ;-)

Reply to
Bod

The worst I?ve ever used was mark-sense cards. Same encoding as

80 column punch cards, but instead of punching holes you had to mark crosses with a pencil. Reading the crosses was unreliable, so one had to subit an edit to correct the mistakes. Trying to make sure that if the edit was read incorrectly it didn?t make the code worse was an interesting intellectual exercise!
Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

Rhoberts.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

And like cake mix kits, "just add keyboard, mouse, screen, power, cables, network"

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I remember them!

Reply to
GB

No, Pencoed, by Sony.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

Approaching £30 on ebay

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Why would someone pay more than the cost of the full version for this?

Reply to
GB

Because they want one, there isn't one in their local WHSmiths or wherever, and £30 isn't too much for them to spend to satisfy this week's impulse buy urge.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

CPC will sell you one for about £12 including the cables.

I already have the required cables so I wont be buying one.

Reply to
dennis

Pah, we used to correct typos on the Elliott 803 paper tapes by punching extra holes one at a time with a little hand punch. You could only realistically add holes though, filling them in didn't really work.

Reply to
Phil Addison