OT - negotiating

I find this happens a lot with ladies of a certain ethnic origin.

LOCEO; How much to do XYZ? TMH; £65. LOCEO; Would you take £50? TMH; No. If I wanted £50 I would have said £50. LOCEO; But surely you could do it for £50? TMH; Tell you what, meet me at Tesco later on. I'll do £65 worth of shopping. If you can convince them to let me pay £50, I'll do your job for £50.....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reminds me of the £100 job I did and the owner scraped his car down the gate post on the way to the cashpoint. He gave me £90 as he had bought a tin of paint to fix the car out of the £100!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
gremlin_95

Some people's brains just don't work right.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I did teach him some maths.

£100 = your car will not catch fire,
Reply to
ARWadsworth

Depends who you ask. No point in asking the pod person on the checkout, you need someone with some power, preferably the owner.

Reply to
Huge

LOL! .. Nice one;!.....

Reply to
tony sayer

I can't think of many shops where the owner would even be in the premises.

Reply to
Mark

If you are in such a small shop that the owner's there, it's almost certain that you can buy cheaper online :) which is probably why internet shopping is so popular.

Reply to
root

It depends on what you're buying, how often, and how well you get on with the shop owner, IME.

OTOH, I've sometimes had discounts offered in places like Comet by asking the right person.

Reply to
John Williamson

:-) Has my vote!

Reply to