OT? Neff cooker

I have a Neff double oven cooker. There is a puzzle. It has a grill both in the top and bottom oven. These purportedly are the same power. However the top oven glows strongly red after being on for a short time. The bottom over remains dark. This is not peculiar to my oven, as my son has has the same oven and it is the same. Can any one please explain this peculiarity?

Reply to
Broadback

Is the bottom one fan assisted?

Reply to
ss

Does it say it has a grill or are you just looking at the two elements? None of the Neffs on ao.com have two grills.

Reply to
dennis

It has a grill, as indeed both ovens had, also they are both fan assisted.

Reply to
Broadback

Maybe they are designed like that because some types of grilling works better with the glows strong red element and other grilling works better with the other element that doesn?t.

The elements have the same power rating but are mechanically different to get the different visible and grilling result.

But if that was so, the manual should say which oven is best to use for the different stuff being grilled.

Reply to
jack

I have a Neff double oven cooker. There is a puzzle. It has a grill both

One been used more than the other?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

As Neff make a billion double ovens it would be helpful if you told us the model. I'm more inclined to believe that the "dark element" isn't a grilling element but just a regular element in the top of the oven. Alternatively, you're selecting the wrong function for the element (oven heating as opposed to grilling). Without the model number though, we're all just guessing.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

+1
Reply to
DerbyBorn

Fair enough Tim. It is definitely a grill element, it has the grill function to both ovens. the model number is: U16E74N3GB

Reply to
Broadback

Okay, from the manual it's clear that it does have two grills. Oddly though, when using the lower oven grill, the level settings seem to be double(ish) to the settings for the top oven grill. (See the table on p20/21).

Maybe you just need to crank it up higher? Don't understand the logic or reason behind it though. I can see any data about element powers anywhere.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I have sent a query to Neff, if, a big if, I get a reply I do not expect it until the New Year.

Reply to
Broadback

The manual certainly says that both ovens can be used for grilling.

Reply to
jack

Have you checked on whether they are both set/not set to Intensive mode?

Turn the temperature selector beyond 275 °C. "Int" appears in the temperature display

"Not intensive" restricts temperature to 220 °C.

Reply to
polygonum