OT: My Computer

Alas not :-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its the one that came with it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I can switch it on & off, but all I get is the initial welcome screen. I t won't do anything else. It has a reset switch which does nothing.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I did :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Already have that installed, but I don't get the same screen.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Does it have an SD card?

Reply to
Graham.

Printers sometimes behave oddly, with most once you install the driver you can plug it into any port and it works.

With others it insists in installing another instance of the driver

With some printers, eg the Zebra LP2844 labeler I have here if you replace the printer with an identical one in the same port it wants to install a new instance.

Yes I know in Microsoftspeak a printer is a print device, and what I referred to as a driver they would have me call a printer.

Reply to
Graham.

Alas not.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

ICBW but I think that's the Navman Mio Moov M300 you have?

the PDF table for instructions for "Moov M". Ye need to install the MioMore Desktop program from the DVD, start it and accept updates.

Reply to
Adrian C

Done that. Can't install anything as the PC doesn't show the sat nav as being connected. Tried it on SWMBOs PC running Vista & still Norfolk & Goode.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That install was a necessary update to the MioMore desktop program (for Win 7 32/64) and it's USB interface S/W, not the update for the device itself. If that update is not working (as it sounds you've tried) then give mio support an ear bashing?

Tried it on SWMBOs PC running Vista & still Norfolk &

Norfolk & Goode?...

Like that :-) Must use that on a swanky trinkets scam on eBay selling shonkily made tat :-)

Reply to
Adrian C

It sounds like it's probably bricked, but we live in hope.

I suggest that you either open it up and remove the battery or leave it on the reset setting for several hours, then try restarting it.

Reply to
GB

Have you tried to register?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Original gag was about a musical duo Norfolk & Goode, later joined by Fred Steel, so they were Steel, Norfolk & Goode :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I have registered. Problem is my PC doesn't 'see' the Navman.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

ridiculous ... this is an angle grinder task at least

Reply to
Rick Hughes

>> Already have that installed, but I don't get the same screen.

Well if the device works and you can use it then it's not bricked. But, if your connector in the device is so dirty that the mini usb plug can't make a good connection then nothing will see it. Try a different cable from another device with the same plug type. Switch cleaner and a good dousing in the socket and plug might resurrect it, and NO WD40 please eh

Reply to
Nthkentman

Thought it was the line used by Bernard Matthews on his first TV advert...

Reply to
polygonum

The Medway Handyman

Probably, but have you tried leaving it in reset mode for a few hours?

Reply to
GB