OT: MOT certificate

Going to part exchange my car for a new one tomorrow morning.

Just realised that I don't have the MOT certificate - must have misplaced it.

Any idea if the dealership will insist on me producing it? I understand that I can go back to the garage that carried it out and ask for a re-print (£10 I believe), but it is in the opposite side of town...

PS: I typed my details into the DVLA website and it shows that the MOT is in place, so I can take a copy of this with me.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Now that it's all online, I believe any test centre can issue a replacement "receipt" (it's not a certificate any more").

Only the dealer can tell you if they'll insist on it.

Reply to
Adrian

They are online now

Reply to
Andy Burns

In article , JoeJoe writes

Don't sweat it, they're not going to give up the opportunity to plug you on the new car deal for the sake of a few a few minor details.

If they 'insist', grow some and tell them to look it up online and walk if they refuse/try to renegotiate, you wont get far before being called back.

Reply to
fred

Thanks - this is where I got the print out from.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Sounds like a plan...

Reply to
JoeJoe

That should be all you need. the actual certificate doesn't tell you significantly more than that. What you have is sufficient proof that there is a valid MOT in place to enable you to sell it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

As suggested here, the sales guy huffed and puffed a bit, but was never going to lose the sale, so accepted my print-out.

Thanks all for your advice.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Result! Glad you're sorted and thanks for feeding back.

Reply to
fred