OT, more than likely...

Sold him with all mod cons - just as the Gummint fryyf prisons without the mod.

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

bedrooms seems excessive. But I saw this one just the other day

'm sure the cellar will go down well with you lot.

Still if you want to splash out

Andy Champ

Been there. Fixed a sawmill for them. Had a saw on a diagonal trammel that would make a straight cut in a moving board. All hootered 'cos the feed drive was torque limiting, so the feed was crossing at the wrong speed. Mended.

I was promised a tour of the showhouses, but the man with the key was away.

Reply to
bobharvey

Nah. when it's dirty you just move somewhere else.

Reply to
bobharvey

Zeros don't matter in the right place...

Reply to
bobharvey

Mended by putting a big screw through the middle of the torque-limiter? Or was it electronic?

Reply to
Skipweasel

Ain't it? Cold, impersonal, ugly and too big.

Reply to
Skipweasel

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned, by either suicide, a bag of gold, or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night

-- Ernest Bramah

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yep, put automatic sliding doors on it, and it could double as a supermarket.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Huge

~Throw another serf on the fire.

That's why one has serfs.

You're welcome.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I dare say it'll find a buyer ... one who will the brilliant idea of converting it into an upmarket spa/weekend retreat and conference centre for those with more waynge-wovers than sense.

Reply to
Derek

It's a small world - I've been holidaying in Gorran Haven since I was somewhere between conception and arrival (with some gaps, but I've been back there the last couple of years). A friend of mine from long back lived in the house just along from it.

Reply to
Mike Fleming

It's lovely. And the thing is to be inside it looking out...

Two houses, £110 million quid. Must be very handy for the shops.

Reply to
Mike Fleming

Looks like someone's tried to squeeze all of Portmeirion into one building.

Reply to
Mike Fleming

Innit just. I have photos of me being buried by assorted nephews / godshilds.

Nice little place.

Reply to
Catman

The outside's OK-ish. It was the inside I meant.

Reply to
Huge

Only if you're not walking.

JPEG!