OT: More dentistry

Bhandal.

Reply to
brass monkey

angle grinder or pressure washer?

Reply to
dennis

No No No. Superglue if its broken or loose, Dremel and 2 part filler if its a little rotten, Molegrips if its had it completely.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Mine made a crown by using the UV quartz resin filling material. He did warn me that this was very unorthodox and any other dentist would wonder what the hell he was doing. It lasted 10 years, and the repeat lasted 10 years. At that point he had a fancy CAD system which took a 3-D picture of the (remain parts of) the tooth, and he then draws on the screen how he wants the tooth reconstructed. Knowing I'm in computing, he took great delight in showing me the CAD work as he did it. When he's ready, he hits "print", and a milling machine takes about 20 minutes to machine the exact piece required out of a cube of ceramic. That was very impressive too. The result is an absolutely perfect fit, biting surface and the flossing gaps to adjacent teeth, probably better than the original tooth ever was. I think the CAD/milling system is called Cerec (or something like that).

He told me that his rather unorthodox quartz resin crowns, in what most dentists would at that time have regarded as unsavable teeth, had resulted in about 100 of his patients being able to retain their tooth until the technology above appeared enabling the tooth to be permanently saved.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel