OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

Page 8 of 10

designing
irrespective
will
and
weeks.
Go to Ove Arup and say I want to build bridges. they will say, what, you have an electrical degree? You want to build bridges now? The door is over there sonny boy! As you are being carried over to the door shouting, "but know some sums", they will look in amazement, and ring the clinic.

You are arguing about a point that wasn't being made.
The discussion was about the similar nature of different branches of engineering, especially with respect to the principles and mathematics involved, as well as the principles of university learning and its broad applicability.
I'm sorry if you have difficulty understanding that, but not really surprised.
Why do you think that university degree courses allow students to switch at different stages to other disciplines without restarting if there weren't large common elements?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

over
"but
You make it sound as it you can fit from bridge building to electronics at will. Please?

No I didn't.
All that I said in essence was that a large proportion of the principles are the same and that a university education helps with adaptability to different fields and new technologies.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
I know a number of people who have trained in bridge building and then done electronics, finance, computing. Do these count? Regards Capitol
writes

Your inability not to grasp fairly basic concepts never fails to amaze me
--
geoff

Maxie, what a whopper! LOL

IMM wrote:

What he meant to say was 'Whopper! Do you want fries with that?'

of
More LOL.

writes

Talking of which, while you're over there IMM, can you use your technical prowess and give Beagle 2 a kick and see if it comes back to life
--
geoff

LOL there Maxie. Do you post to that Yorkshire ng too?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:36:11 -0000, "Christian McArdle"

Exactly.
Also with engineering an important factor is identifying and dealing with the issues that are going to have the major effects on the outcome, while being aware of the others and being satisfied that they are not. This is partly discipline specific, but largely not.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

all the top jobs to themselves, so why know about

You really have no idea about what happens in universities do you?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Of course he does, he learned how to make a fruit cake in HE
--
geoff

writes

honed.
I went to one. And I recall no course that did bridge building a electronics all in one.

LOL. Very good Maxie. Yo are a one.

IMM wrote:

It was a poly, not a uni, IMM.
writes

You said you went to a snotty uni! If you went to a Poly you are many points up now.

Make or be?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes

honed.
LOL Great one Andy, straight from the Vicar of Dibley. You are a one.

Andy Hall wrote:

Course not. He learn BASIC and theery of yoonix at a poly.