OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

In message , IMM writes

Talking of which, while you're over there IMM, can you use your technical prowess and give Beagle 2 a kick and see if it comes back to life

Reply to
geoff

LOL there Maxie. Do you post to that Yorkshire ng too?

Reply to
IMM

Maxie, what a whopper! LOL

Reply to
IMM

all the top jobs to themselves, so why know about

You really have no idea about what happens in universities do you?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

Of course he does, he learned how to make a fruit cake in HE

Reply to
geoff

I went to one. And I recall no course that did bridge building a electronics all in one.

LOL. Very good Maxie. Yo are a one.

Reply to
IMM

Make or be?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

LOL Great one Andy, straight from the Vicar of Dibley. You are a one.

Reply to
IMM

What he meant to say was 'Whopper! Do you want fries with that?'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

message

Reply to
IMM

I see., You are talking from personal experience here, not blind stupid prejudice of course.

You have demonstrated that you are not an engineer. Or a scientist, and can't do maths, or construct a grammatically correct and intelligble sentence.

Yep. A computer scientist without a doubt!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Course not. He learn BASIC and theery of yoonix at a poly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It was a poly, not a uni, IMM.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

LOL. Such fun.

Reply to
IMM

You said you went to a snotty uni! If you went to a Poly you are many points up now.

Reply to
IMM

Nope. 100% incorrect.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

He failed to learn BASIC and theery of yoonix at a poly then

Reply to
geoff

LOL there Maxie.

Reply to
IMM

Can I ask a serious question regarding TFT's? I am looking to purchase one (17") and wonder what I should be looking for in the specs, contrast ratio, brightness cd/m2, etc, means nowt to me. Is a higher figure better than a lower figure? Any pointers in this directoin are welcome. Incedently I am considering either the Ilyama 430S or the Axive S730

Thanks in advance

John

Reply to
John

I can't believe this thread has gone on so long - look it's simple - maths drools - and matey who expects Unis to provide vocational training is a complete nutter (although I guess we'll all be dumbed down eventually) ...

Reply to
Highplains Drifter