OT: Ministers at war over secret wind farm evidence

An official study of the impact of wind farms and renewable energy on the countryside is being suppressed by the department of energy, Coalition sources have disclosed to The Daily Telegraph.

Sources have said that the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) ? run by Ed Davey, a Liberal Democrat ? wants to stop Owen Paterson, the Conservative Environment Secretary, publishing a major report that he has commissioned on renewable energy and the rural economy.

Mr Paterson, a known opponent of onshore wind farms, is understood to be furious at the attempts to stifle his department and is said to be ?determined? to publish the findings. In June, he said that onshore turbines were often regarded as a ?complete scam?.

Reply to
The Other Mike

It was interesting to note the other day when there was a good generating w ind that half the turbines on Soutra, a dozen or so miles south of Edinburg h, were not operating. Might have been coincidental and for some other rea son, but those with a suspicious mind will interpret this as 'the-being-pai d-for-not-generating' scam.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Interesting as I know Ed Davey and somehow I cannot see him at war with anyone over something that is proven, He would I think accept it unless the report is biased in some way, but as we have not seen it who can say. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I knew you were visually impaired Brian, but I didn't know it had reached your brain.

He is a POLITICIAN.. His job depends on an inexhaustible capacity to suppress what he may or may not know to be the truth, and lie according to whatever line of faux reasoning will keep him in dog biscuits and chocolate drops. And that depends on not crossing Cleggs wife, who runs the liberal party as a marketing arm of her windpower company.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Same at Whitelees in Scotland on Sunday. I was out on a 50 mile bike ride round the area and it was WINDY! Not a single turbine on the farm moving (although other random single turbines were so clearly not *too* windy for turbines).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Turn down the spin or you'll become just as bad as the greenies.

Miriam Clegg (professionally Miriam González Durántez) is a non-executive Director of Acciona, an international engineering company with interests in renewable energy. Hardly "her windpower company".

She is a lawyer and moves in high circles within the EU, in the trade areas. So I guess she will know how far to bend the rules etc...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That would be news to Steve Radford.

JGH