OT mind gone blank

What is the term for smart phone screen registration,In other words where you put your finger doing what it is supposed to? My problem is that I have bought an el cheapo chinese clone phone which seem all right in most aspects, and the write ups are mostly good (for clone) No1 S7. The problem I am having is the camera actuator (have to hit it slightly off centre to take single pics (hit it centre and it takes videos)

I seem to remember with older phones having to set up "registration"or whatever the word is by tapping screen in different places then ok. Can not find such a setup on this phone. That is the trouble with these cheap clones, no mainstream feed back like the name phones.

Reply to
F Murtz

Although that seems to have died out on mainstream smartphones.

Reply to
Scott M

F Murtz used his keyboard to write :

Touch screen calibration. Usually hidden away somewhere in the settings.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Calibration went away with the changeover from resistive to capacitive touch-screens, generally.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes that is it, but I don't think it allows me to do it.

Reply to
F Murtz

If you want to see pointer accuracy (but you can't recalibrate) on an Android phone, enable developer mode ("settings/about" and repeatedly press "build number") then go into "settings/developer options" and enable "pointer location" you'll get a crosshair and slugtrail per finger.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oooo, I have bash at that. My SIII Mini although reacting technically where the touch occurs that posistion doesn't coincide with where I think I'm touching it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice