OT;Medway Darwin Awards

Got quite a few of those round here (south Bucks.). They put them up where they have decided not to switch them on anymore - in order to save leccie (i.e. money). Some controversy as in some cases they spent equivalent to many years of running costs on installing them only a few years ago. But on at least one stretch, they have LED cats eyes.

Reply to
Rod

They've done that on the A418 out of Aylesbury and the Wendover bypass. On the former I imagine pedestrians & cyclists (shared path) will suffer most. On the latter I don't think there's a footpath, so it isn't missed.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q