OT: meaning of outline "L" symbol?

I've noticed an outlined "L" symbol on the packaging of a few items recently:

for combinations of L, symbol, recycling and packaging terms hasn't produced an answer.

Anyone know what it signifies?

Reply to
mike

I can't see it in BS EN ISO 780:1999 - Packaging. Pictorial marking for handling of goods

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I don't know, but a guess would be the max stack height (with three being the max in this case)

John

Reply to
JohnW

max stack is usually a number with a pair of bars (stacked) below. eg

3 _ _
Reply to
djc

I've seen it on a pair of vac-packed scissors, so I don't think it's max stacking height.

Reply to
mike