OT; Mazuma Mobile

What do these people who advertise for old mobiles (and pay you for them) do with them?

Just been offered £8 for one that doesn't work & £37 for an old model.

How are they earning out of it?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They resell them abroad.

Reply to
ericp

In lots of developing countries its quicker and easier to build out mobile infrastructure and miss out the land line stage altogether. So there is a decent market of cheap handsets.

Reply to
John Rumm

Worth noting that the ones who advertise most don't necessarily pay the best rates....I shopped around a bit, and the difference was a tenner (not bad for a couple of minutes work!)

Reply to
Bob Eager

In case anyone is interested, I used fonebank.

Twas painless, I was a little concerned that it was a rip off after glossing over the T&C's as my phone was a little battered but they send the quoted amount promptly.

Reply to
R D S