OT mail reader

I was with Tiscali. They did the same. I pointed out that they were cutting me off from a paid for service. Ignored so I walked

Not for long

Reply to
Alang

You were lucky. I've complained to anyone at Tiscali I can get hold of, to absolutely no avail.

Reply to
Huge

Yep.

Reply to
Huge

Thanks. I'll be switching to PayPal for my next subscription payment.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Sorry for the slow response - it was indeed !

I sent them several emails saying my data was all correct, and that their system was rejecting the payments - and that they needed to check their end.

About 2 weeks after my subscription lapsed, I got an email telling me I was right, their system was borked, try again - the non-verbal response was "fsck off"

Reply to
Colin Wilson

In my case, they completely ignored the complaint, despite several attempts at following up.

When I finally came to move ISP (and involved the chairman, chief exec and finance director at Pipex as I was being fscked around royally) they were "surprised" when I told them how bad their "service" had become.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Dunno if it matters but anything that comes through to here still says Pipex. Regardless of who the owner is.

But news has been fine for the last few months - apart from a new message saying 'server error 501 - no such list available'- which doesn't stop the download.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well it went back to normal here and has stayed so.

Apart from the news issue I've only had dealings with them three times when my broadband failed. Each time it was down to BT. The first time Ok service from their help line. Second time the worst I've ever known from any - just about changed ISP there and then. If it had been working I would have done. ;-) Third time possibly the best help ever from a help line - the dutch sounding guy couldn't do enough.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Now that's interesting. I started getting that error from Eclipse.co.uk at the beginning of last week. Subscribed to NIN and it all works fine again. Eclipse are unable to locate the problem, no doubt because it doesn't affect BillyGoat Bloatware. :-)

In my case though, using Ant, the fetch aborted every time.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Bit of a followup, Eclipse say they have made no changes to the NNTP server, but they get their feed from Giganews. If Pipex do too, that suggests a change in configuration at Giganews. Eclipse suggest I sign up for a free trial with Giganews to test the theory and let them know.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

It appears to be fixed now.

Reply to